1. Rinse: After wearing the underwear, rinse it with cold water to remove any excess blood. Avoid using hot water as it can set the stains.
2. Pre-treat: If there are any stubborn stains, pre-treat them by applying a stain remover or soaking the underwear in cold water for a while.
3. Machine wash: Once pre-treated, place the period underwear in a mesh laundry bag or wash them separately to prevent tangling. Use a gentle cycle and cold water to wash them. Avoid using fabric softeners or bleach as they can affect the absorbency and fabric quality.
4. Drying: Air-drying is the best method for period underwear. Hang them up or lay them flat to dry, away from direct sunlight. Avoid using a dryer as the heat can damage the elastic and reduce the lifespan of the underwear.
5. Storage: Once dry, store the period underwear in a clean and dry place until their next use.
Remember to check the manufacturer’s instructions for any specific care recommendations for your particular brand of period underwear.